Arise, Sir Loin of Beef!

Chrome

My favorite part of the story is the very last line.

Jagger knighthood: Richards rages

Thursday, December 4, 2003 Posted: 9:55 AM EST (1455 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Keith Richards is not amused.

The legendary Rolling Stones' guitarist has flown into a rock and roll rage against Mick Jagger over the singer's decision to accept a knighthood, the ultimate nod from the British establishment.

"I don't want to step out onstage with someone wearing a coronet and sporting the old ermine," Richards told British music magazine "Uncut" in an expletive-rich interview.

"I told Mick it's a paltry honor ... It's not what the Stones is about, is it?"

The Stones, still rocking after 40 years, made their names with crunching rock classics including "Satisfaction," "Street Fighting Man" and "Brown Sugar."

A 1967 Stones' album was entitled "Their Satanic Majesties Request."

Despite his near spotless rebel credentials, Jagger, 60, is scheduled to become "Sir Mick" at a Buckingham Palace ceremony on December 12.

He will join British musicians Paul McCartney and Elton John who have already been knighted by Queen Elizabeth with a touch of the sword.

Richards' own chances of arising Sir Keith, already thought slim after 59 years of hard living, will have receded even further.