I'm holidaying in the US in April

I’m visiting the US next month. I’ll be going to New York, Atlanta, Austin and Dallas/Fort Worth.

No secret about this – I’m coming over because I’d like to meet lots of fellow Organissimo members. So, if you’re going to be around anywhere near where I’m going, PM me and let’s try and get together.

Here’s my detailed itinerary.

Fri 2 April – arrive New York (actually the previous evening)

Thurs 8 April – leave New York for Atlanta

Mon 12 April – leave Atlanta; lunch in Austin

Sat 17 April – leave Austin, lunch in Ft Worth

Thurs 22 April – Leave DFW evening.

I doubt if I’ll be contactable in New York, since I don’t have a phone number for the hotel, so if you want to meet, please PM me with a contact phone number and I’ll try to work out what a dial tone, ringing tone and engaged tone are :)!

I think I should be contactable elsewhere. Here’s where I’ll be staying and phone numbers:

In Atlanta, I’ll be at the Highland Inn – 404 874 5756

In Austin, I’ll be at America’s Best Value Inn, Austin South – 512 441 0143

In Fort Worth, I’ll be at the Park Central Hotel – 817 306 2011

Greatly looking forward to this trip.

MG

Sounds like a good trip. Have a great time, We always do in the US. I should be on my way there in the summer, after visiting my brother in law in the Bay Area we hope to head towards the east of the Sierras an then up to Oregon, a state we've not visited so far.

Edited by JohnS

wish I could get down, but will be in Seattle part of that time and stuck in Maine the rest - of course, I could send a bunch of guys with a car with tinted windows and a blindfold and have them drive you up here - but then I would have to kill you if you saw any landmarks.

Too bad that you are not extending your trip just a little bit north of Dallas, to Kansas City. There's a group of us here who would fill you up with Arthur Bryant's barbecue!

I'm going to make sure MG gets a sample of real southern barbecue at Harold's, Dean's, or the Old Brick Pit in Atlanta.

Too bad that you are not extending your trip just a little bit north of Dallas, to Kansas City. There's a group of us here who would fill you up with Arthur Bryant's barbecue!

I'm going to make sure MG gets a sample of real southern barbecue at Harold's, Dean's, or the Old Brick Pit in Atlanta.

Oh....

Er....

:g

MG

Oh....

Er....

MG

MG, relax! No one has died at any of those restaurants this year...so far! ;)

I too would like to meet up with you, but my finances right now are...lets just say really, really sucky!

Do you like McDonalds??? Talk about your great food! :crazy:

Oh....

Er....

MG

MG, relax! No one has died at any of those restaurants this year...so far! ;)

I too would like to meet up with you, but my finances right now are...lets just say really, really sucky!

Do you like McDonalds??? Talk about your great food! :crazy:

Yes, Conrad, but anywhere but MacDonalds :)

MG

Geez, you're gonna miss the height of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. What's the matter? You scared of Japanese tourists or somethin'???? :P

washington_dc_cherry_blossom_3.jpg

I missed the cherry blossoms when I went to Japan 8 years ago. But I didn't miss the Japanese tourists - they were everywhere! Well, of course, I was largely in tourist places (except for the record shops) too :)

MG