That awful night at Slug's

jazzkrow

I've always been curious about whatever happened to the woman that shot Lee Morgan? It's been over 30 years now right?

I've heard that she was his common law wife. She took from us one of our favorite trumpeters ever-at least for me...

Did she serve much time?

Ever turn her life around or die young herself? Express proper regret later?

I've always been curious.

What a tragedy.... :(

Hey JKrow, I posted a similar question here, and got some other members riled up because I (jokingly) asked if she might or might not already be in hell. It stopped just short of creationism. :unsure: It was weird. But a useful search word would be More, Helen More, widow, etc.. MM :tup

She did go to jail. And I believe just resently, in the past 2 of 3 years, she passed away. I had started the thread on AAJ. I tried to find it, but I guess it was lost with the hacking AAJ had. There was an article somewhere on the internet, on or about the anniversary of Morgan's death, (Feb 2002) talking about here death. It was posted in the now defunct BNBB. If that person that psoted it there is a member here, maybe he could remember where the article was on the web.