Bob Downes reissues

RogerF

Two reissues by Bob Downes are now out on Esoteric Records in the UK. The first Open Music has never been available on CD before and Electric City was only reissues on CD in Germany by Repertoire but has been OOP for years. Very good news as these are both excellent albums IMO:

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/esoteric/artists/bobdownes.php

Two reissues by Bob Downes are now out on Esoteric Records in the UK. The first Open Music has never been available on CD before and Electric City was only reissues on CD in Germany by Repertoire but has been OOP for years. Very good news as these are both excellent albums IMO:

There was another album - 'Deep Down Heavy' - which featured Chris Spedding and lyrics by poet Robert Cockburn. I don't think that has turned up on CD yet.

There was another album - 'Deep Down Heavy' - which featured Chris Spedding and lyrics by poet Robert Cockburn. I don't think that has turned up on CD yet.

And you could pick that up back in the early 70s in Woolworths as it was on the budget MFP 'Music For Pleasure' label. Have only heard a bit of it - sounds very much 'of its time'.

I have the Openian 'Diversions' LP too. Quite nice. Wish I could find a copy of that Philips LP !

Edited by sidewinder

And you could pick that up back in the early 70s in Woolworths as it was on the budget MFP 'Music For Pleasure' label. Have only heard a bit of it - sounds very much 'of its time'.

!

Indeed, very much of its time. Also a very raw live sound quality achieved in the studio.

Thanks for the heads-up, I've just put my order in for Open Music. I already own a copy of Electric City which I bought from Hiroshi some time ago.

BTW does anyone know where I can source a copy of his Flashback album from a UK website. His German website looks a bit flaky!

Edited by Head Man