I ordered his new disc from Amazon and I'm excited to hear it. I caught some Wilco on TV recently, and for a rock band Cline does some stuff that's out there- very cool and still within the tune they're playing.

Yeah- he's the reason I became re-interested in Wilco after AM (I like Tweedy's Uncle Tupelo countryish roots but completely lost interest when he wanted to become Brian Wilson). Funny how a lot of Wilco fans don't like his "noodling".

I ordered his new disc from Amazon and I'm excited to hear it. I caught some Wilco on TV recently, and for a rock band Cline does some stuff that's out there- very cool and still within the tune they're playing.

Yeah- he's the reason I became re-interested in Wilco after AM (I like Tweedy's Uncle Tupelo countryish roots but completely lost interest when he wanted to become Brian Wilson). Funny how a lot of Wilco fans don't like his "noodling".

Huh. Most Wilco fans I know love Nels' playing.

Edited by RDK

Huh. Most Wilco fans I know love Nels' playing.

Not from what I can tell. All I hear is bitching about how much better things were with Jay Bennett, and that there is too much focus on the guitar now.

As a fan of Cline's jazz side-I'm really not familiar enough with the Wilco stuff to comment- I really like "Initiate".Probably more accessible than some of his other jazz stuff to the,uh,uninitiated- more in a fusion-ish vein.One disc studio,one live.Recommended.

Edited by hbeejay