New BFT Facilitator

jeffcrom

Since I haven't heard otherwise, and nobody seems to object, I guess I'm the new Blindfold Test organizer. I haven't been around here as long as most of you, so there may be issues which are obvious to some of you that I'm unaware of. In any case, I'm open to suggestions.

Right now, I'd like to propose that Thom Keith's current BFT (#75) be extended into June. Thom's test:

1) Got a late start,

2) Had technical issues which further delayed the download, and

3) Nobody (including me) seems to have had much time to devote to it so far.

So how 'bout we have BFT #75 go on until June 20 (but no later)? Bill's BFT will be delayed, but he will also have a longer-than-usual time period, until the end of July. Everyone else who is currently signed up will move back a month, and we'll be back on a monthly schedule.

How does that sound? Any objections?

Next week I plan (with the help of a moderator) to update some of the BFT threads, like the FAQs. Again, suggestions are welcome.

That sounds really good. I was just thinking that I needed to hurry to listen to Thom's BFT before the month slips away.

Thanks for taking on the job, jeffcrom, and a huge tip of the hat to Big Al, who served with great distinction!

Big Al could be considered the George Washington of the Blindfold Test. Like George Washington, he could have had the job for life, but stepped away voluntarily at the height of his popularity.

Do you want to be known as the John Adams of the Blindfold Test, jeffcrom?

That sounds really good. I was just thinking that I needed to hurry to listen to Thom's BFT before the month slips away.

Thanks for taking on the job, jeffcrom, and a huge tip of the hat to Big Al, who served with great distinction!

Big Al could be considered the George Washington of the Blindfold Test. Like George Washington, he could have had the job for life, but stepped away voluntarily at the height of his popularity.

I was thinking more along the lines of Warren G. Harding - plagued by scandal and dying halfway through my term. I'm already working on my first scandal.

I was thinking more along the lines of Warren G. Harding - plagued by scandal and dying halfway through my term. I'm already working on my first scandal.

But then your successor would be Calvin Coolidge--and a person of very few words would never fit in at Organissimo!

But then your successor would be Calvin Coolidge--and a person of very few words would never fit in at Organissimo!

Not to mention the fact that both Harding and Coolidge were Republicans. :w

Actually, mikeweil preceded my reign of terror, so that would make him Washington, me John Adams, and Jeff would be Thomas Jeffcromerson. Make of that what you will, but I do like the scandal-plagued idea! Who did you have in mind for me to be caught with? :g

And thanks again, Jeff. MUCHAS MUCHAS gracias!!!