Is it just me or does anyone stare at the BN logo on covers?

CJ Shearn

You want great stories, you work in a facility with mentally challenged people. I guarantee you that you'll get them. Whole 'nother world, and just as delightful (and depressing, and surrealistic) as "ours".

Rufus & I might think it's a spotlight, but according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_Records :

With 1955, Columbia USA decisively broke with its past when it introduced its new, modernist-style "Walking Eye" logo, designed by Columbia's art director Neil Fujita. This logo actually depicts a stylus (the legs) on a record (the eye); however, the "eye" also subtly refers to CBS's main business in television, and that division's iconic Eye logo. Columbia continued to use the "notes and mike" logo on record labels and even used a promo label showing both logos until the "notes and mike" was phased out (along with the 78 in the US) in 1958. In Canada, Columbia 78s were pressed with the "Walking Eye" logo in 1958. The original Walking Eye was tall and solid; it was modified in 1960 to the familiar one still used today.