Any advice on which versions of BN & Miles LPs to get?

Bol

Hi folks. I would like to acquire over time LPs of some of my favorite Miles Davis, Blue Note, and Fantasy titles. The problem is that there are so many different versions of the more popular titles out there that I don't know where to start. There are the BN titles for around $10, some put out by Classic Records at $35-50, some put out by a couple of companies in 45 RPM's at $50. And those are just new versions out there. As for Miles Davis, there are the cheap $10 versions, Legacy 180 gm versions at $18, and then some other more expensive versions. Any advice or preferences out there? I am tempted to get the cheaper $10 versions, but then I don't want to get anything that would not be significant sonic upgrades from my CDs. Any advice or even just expression of preferences would be much appreciated.

Edited by Bol

I don't know whether the Legacy vinyls are from analog masters or digital remasters; certainly clean 2-eye Miles LPs aren't easy to find, but they shouldn't set you back more than $20 apiece.

Blue Notes are another matter, though in a pinch I'd opt for Japanese Kings and purchasing them online is your best bet.