Charles Tolliver or Joe Henderson sessionographies

Rooster_Ties

Here's a huge list of on-line jazz sessionographies - LINK: http://www.kyushu-ns.ac.jp/~allan/Document.../Jazz_ExtS.html

And where the hell are Charles Tolliver and Joe Henderson!!!!!

Damn it, here's the complete list (from the link above)...

Cannonball Aderley, Louis Armstrong, Albert Ayler, Chet Baker (2), Kenny Barron, Tim Berne, Art Blakey (2), Jane Ira Bloom, Carla Bley, Raoul Björkenheim, Anthony Braxton, Willem Breuker, Clifford Brown, Milt Buckner, Ray Bryant, Donald Byrd, Don Cherry, Charlie Christian, Sonny Clark (2), Ornette Coleman, John Coltrane (2), Tom Cora, Sylvie Courvoisier, Marilyn Crispell, Sonny Criss, Miles Davis (2), Elton Dean, Pierre Dørge, Eric Dolphy (2), Lou Donaldson, Kenny Dorham (2), Hamid Drake, Dave Douglas, Kenny Drew, Marc Ducret, Marty Ehrlich, Duke Ellington, James Emery, Marco Eneidi, Bill Evans (2), Tommy Flanagan, Fred Frith, Stan Getz, Grant Green, Dusko Goykovich, Mats Gustafsson, Herbie Hancock, Andrew Hill, Wayne Horvitz, Susie Ibarra, Keith Jarrett (2), Wynton Kelly, Rashied(?) Roland Kirk, Krzysztof Komeda, Lee Konitz, Gene Kruppa, Steve Lacy, Art Lande, Booker Little, Jackie McLean (3!), Matt Maneri, Warne Marsh, Myra Melford, Albert Mengelsdorf, Charles Mingus (2), Modern Jazz Quartet, Thelonious Monk (2), Michael Moore, Lee Morgon, Joe Morris, Fats Navarro, Charlie Parker, Evan Parker, William Parker, Art Pepper, Jim Pepper, Barre Phillips, Bud Powell, Bobby Previte, Sun Ra, Michael Riessler, Sam Rivers, Perry Robinson, Sonny Rollins, Ned Rothberg, Louis Sclavis, John Surman, Steve Swallow, Cecil Taylor pianist, Henry Threadgill, Lennie Tristano, Edward Vesala, Mal Waldron, David S. Ware, Eberhard Weber, Mike & Kate Westbrook, Barney Wilen, Reggie Workman, John Zorn.

Excuse me, but where the %!@# are Charles Tolliver and/or Joe Henderson!!!!

Not a criticism of the list (above) of on-line discographies/sessionographies (which I think is rather great, IMHO), but rather the absence of any kind of decent, halfway thorough online sessionography for Tolliver or Henderson. Aarggghhhh!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Oh, I've thought about doing just that, a couple times actually (at least with the 'Tolliver').

At least in the case of the 'Tolliver' - it would be a lot more reasonably sized, although I sure wish he had recorded more.

A decent Tyrone Washington sessionography wouldn't be all that hard to put together either, since it's (unfortunatley) also pretty small - even smaller than Charles Tolliver's.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of doing a Buddy Bolden discography. :blink:

But seriously, folks ....

You know, Charles isn't all that prolific. We could probably put together a pretty good discography right here. Rooster, you could start with what you already have and let the rest of us fill in the blanks.

Edited by BFrank

I'll pull together all my Tolliver dates (with him as the leader), and post the info to this thread. We can call this thread the "work in progress", until we get closer to having a more complete sessionography for Tolliver. Then, when it's nearly complete, I can start a brand new thread with all the session info right up in the first post in the thread.

I'll see what I can pull together this week. I don't have everything he's ever recorded, but I think I probably have 90% of everything Tolliver's on that's ever been released on CD. I think that's about 75% of his total output, perhaps even closer to 80% or 85%...

I'll at least get the album titles and recording dates together within the next couple days. Then I'll work at filling in the details about song titles, sidemen, label info, etc...

'Bout damn time there was a decent Tolliver discography/sessionography somewhere, even if we do have to do it ourselves....