Ever Vacation In Cooperstown?

I'm green with envy about you all getting to visit the Hall of Fame. I'd die a happy man if I ever get to see it.

Try to plan for it- become a kid again!

Can't speak for Matthew, but speaking for myself, with all of the steroid/etc. stuff that's gone on, I've lost any emotional involvement that I ever had with sports. And at one time, that involvement was very intense. Wish I could become a kid again.

Definitely, during the whole Steroid Era I found myself not as involved as before, I just hated the style of the game, and thought baseball was a fraud -- I mean, in what kind of alternate universe does Brady Anderson hit 51 home runs? Even Captain Picard can't repair that rip in the space/time continuum. However, as baseball started to clean up, I became more and more engaged with the game again. I really enjoyed last season, being able to follow the Giants the whole season was a very enjoyable experience. There's just something about the game itself, that I truly love; I cannot remember when I was not following baseball in my life. I can do without the bs that surrounds the game now, but you cannot go back in history to when I first watched the game as a kid, where a player spent his whole career with one team (I would love to see that happen again though). I always thought a trip to the HofF would be the coolest thing in the world. Baseball does have a wonderful and unique history, and that history of the game is something I've always loved and never tired of.

I have a very dim view of the steroid era- and baseball is now reverting back to what I perceive is "normal"...runs are down, HRs are down, pitching performances are better. I've reconnected with baseball by umpiring youth baseball and softball games- to me it's enjoyable and I can be a role model for the kids. We also attend Richmond Flying Squirrels games (AA Eastern League). I'd rather watch minor league baseball rather than MLB.