Integrated amplifiers

ghost of miles

Not sure you're referencing my post. . . . I suppose this could be a great bang for the buck but it's exactly the type of amplifier I personally avoid. Not my cup of tea.

Wasn't referencing your post. It's an alternative for the OP to consider. We're not all tube fans.

Fine and dandy, but by quoting my post it's an assumption it's referenced.

Hey to each their own, but after my experience with Decware amps, especially the Toriis, I'll not consider owning a solid state amp in anywhere near the near future. I know what seems best for me. I'm used to sort of being ridiculed for my devotion to Decware and passion for their bang for buck value and excellence of build and sound. It's alright. I meet all kinds of resistance to the idea that they can sound the way they do, and even I didn't believe they could sound they way they did and understand why at first, espcielly the high current Toriis. I just can't help but recommend them to persons who love music and have speakers that need an amp with grunt and control.

I hope David's friend finds an amp that brings him as much happiness.

Edited by jazzbo

Are the Tori tubes? If so, do you need to wear a nomex protective suit when walking?

I've had various tube preamps and amps for over a decade, still do in my main set-up. No fire-retardant suit necessary, but the tubes do get hot, as they're supposed to. I'm not plugging any particular maker or brand here, just like the set sound.

In the bedroom I have a 15 y.o. Rotel receiver feeding a pair of B&W 601's, which are somewhat similar to the speakers in question, and it sounds just fine for what it is, a budget stereo.

Just noticed that my post from a couple of days ago is gone. Must've pushed the wrong button while editing.