Apt/Holman Gear

Peter Johnson

Just picked up an Apt/Holman preamp. Love the sound, love the unit. Works great. But now I need to up the ante on a power amp.

I want to get something used, and have lines on an Apt-1 (apt/holman power amp), Harman Kardon 870, Rotel RB 960-bx, and either an Adcom GFA 535 or 545. You got it--used 70's/80's stuff for under $500.

Anyone have thoughts/recommendations/something to sell?

Cheers!

For $500 you can pick up either a McIntosh MC2105 or a MC7100. Not only are they very good amplifiers, and each has a very appealing 'McIntosh look' to it, you will also be investing in an amp that will be worth at least what you've paid, and probably a good bit more, if you're ready to move on in time.

Lon--you'll get no grief from me--you like what you like and evangelize it, what's wrong with that?

Actually, I've been considering a Decware unit, but I'm not ready to go down the tube/super high fidelity road just yet (among other things, Olivia's room is just off the living room where I do the most listening (not particularly conducive to naptime!), and the acoustics aren't that great anyway.

I appreciate the suggestions--keep them coming!

I should have known you'd come to this thread and promote Decware gear. Sheesh!

;)

Agreed. That's a helluvan amp for the money. I just didn't want to take a bunch of crap for recommending a Decware amp again. ;)

:) I love my little C+ more and more each hour. Thank you for "fighting the good fight". I'm very happy. Did you get my PM?