Could this be you and your music collection?

Alec

Packrat Buried Two Days Under Books 

December 31, 2003 09:03 AM EST 

NEW YORK, Dec 31, 2003 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- A New York man is recovering Wednesday from being buried for two days under hundreds of pounds of books and magazines he hoarded in his apartment.

The New York Daily News said 42-year-old Patrice Lamumba Moore screamed for help repeatedly when the ceiling-high wall of books fell on him Saturday, but no one responded to his calls until Monday afternoon.

Neighbors explained the delay by saying Moore was always screaming and talking to himself.

The former book and magazine peddler said he has sworn off collecting.

"It nearly killed me," he said. "But I've retired from the books. I was a rapper once. I'll do that again."

Once fire officials rescued him, they ordered the building vacated, citing numerous safety code violations, in effect evicting Moore. He is upset that when the debris was removed to the dump, all of his clothing and other possessions were thrown out, too.

He is already a recipient of public assistance, and Moore said he hoped the social services department would help him get his books in order.

Just substitute CDs (or Lps) for Books! :w

but I love the line:

Neighbors explained the delay by saying Moore was always screaming and talking to himself.

Happy New Year!

--Claypone

I know a collector whose apt is filled with CDs/LPs all over the place. His kitchen even has CDs in the cabinets. (who needs food) I think he spends most of his time at his girlfriend's place. :rolleyes:

He has a pretty good memory, so he knows where most of items are placed. Getting to them is another story.

I saw this. My sister saw this and forwarded the article to me. There is no way I have this kind of clutter. I KNOW people who have this kind of clutter. No naming of names....I was just thinking about this when I was there on XMas. :w

No naming of names....I was just thinking about this when I was there on XMas. :w

You think you're so damned clever! We could tell someone had been in here while we were gone! My Grachan Moncur CDs were mixed up with the Thelonious Monk CDs! :angry:

Uh...did you see any keys while you were here..? :unsure:

No naming of names....I was just thinking about this when I was there on XMas.  :w

You think you're so damned clever! We could tell someone had been in here while we were gone! My Grachan Moncur CDs were mixed up with the Thelonious Monk CDs! :angry:

Uh...did you see any keys while you were here..? :unsure:

I'm thinking of someone local to NYC. Shelves reaching to the celling and not attached to the walls! He's not on this list.

Ain't you Moose!