Episodes of Leonard Feather's "The Jazz Show" on NBC

Has anyone ever heard of a show on NBC called "The Jazz Show," produced by Leonard Feather and Hosted by Billy Eckstine? My friend's dad, Terrance Laine, is a percussionist who played on the show the night they had Sarah Vaughn, Herbie Hancock, Bola Sete, and Joe Pass as guests. He's desperately looking for the show. He's contacted NBC but couldn't find anything but a newspaper clipping saying it aired saying it aired April 24, 1971, Sat 11:30 P.M. Leonard Feather was nominated for an emmy for it. The archivist at NBC said the archives of the show were destroyed in a fire...but he's holding out hope that someone out there might have a copy of it or at least some more information. Thanks so much! I know if no one here has heard of it's probably hopeless...

in leonard feather´s own book: "the jazz years, earwitness to an era" (new york, 1987) is on page 302 under honours and awards this entry: "1971 nominated for emmy award for producing "the jazz show", a series seen on knbc, los angeles".

so is "knbc" another broadcasting company than "nbc"?

nothing more in his book about this tv-show. (i did only a quick look but found nothing, sorry)

keep boppin´

marcel

• 1 year later...