Is Wes really playing live or playing to his record?

Hardbopjazz

I would hope it was live, but it sure looks like he is plying along to the record. At the end the music fades, which leads me to believe it isn't live. It must have been real hard for a ture jazz player to crossover. I know it's all about the mighty $.

There is no mistaking that Wes is live here. He makes seems so damn easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEayXTdRsEc&feature=related

Edited by Hardbopjazz

Almighty $ or not, it is so freakin' cool to know that Wes Montgomery did The Hollywood Palace. I don't care that it's essentailly instrumental pop music, or that it displays about 1/100 of an iota of Wes Montgomery's true art. It's Wes Montgomery speaking a language of peace, beauty, skill, knowledge, and truth for an audience of millions.

It's ugly work, often with ugly results, but dammit, somebody's got to do it or else the soulsuckers win. Hell, they win anyway, but you can't just give up without giving them a fight on their own turf.

Unless and until artists (not "artists") can create and sustain a business environment on and of their own, these are the consequences of being human.

Wes Montgomery took one for the team. How much more soul than that can you have?

The lack of a patch cord (to say nothing of an orchestra) is a bit of a tipoff.

Cord, yes. Orchestra, no. The bands on those shows were almost always offstage or in a pit.