CD Player Skipping Problem

Face of the Bass

No, CDs don't skip on my computer, and indeed, my DVD player does not skip either. I don't really want to go to a streaming setup, as I really like being able to play the physical objects...

Is your dvd player connected to the same speakers as your cd player (or can it be?)? If the answer is "yes", why not use it for playing your cds?

Thanks for suggesting this. I did it today and the skipping problem is solved. I think I'd like to upgrade my cd player, but now I can take my time picking the one I want now that the immediate problem has been solved.

I don't know how old your dvd player is, but if it's not a blu-ray unit with built-in network capability, you might consider upgrading to one unit that serves all your needs. Less money, less space, very good sound.

I had the Marantz CD changer and had nothing but problems with the electronics- Error messages that took days to reset. Sent it out for warranty repair to no avail.

I replaced it with the Yamaha CD-C600 changer and I'm very pleased. Ironically I replaced a 14 year old Yamaha changer with the Marantz. I gave it to a friend who continues to use it everyday.

Crutchfield is great. You can likely find a discount coupon online, shipping is free and there is no sales tax. I landed mine for just under $300.

I like that this CD player has a USB direct port that allows my iPod to connect and then it bypasses the Apple signal processor and uses the CD player's Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converter. I've been very pleased with its functionality and sound.

As a side note, I did try a multi-disc DVD player, but I found the shuffle to be very slow, which was problematic because I enjoy loading the changer and letting it shuffle through discs for me.

Here is a link Yamaha CD-C600

Edited by greggery peccary

I was going to post advice regarding NAD, but it's too late. You've made a good decision I think. I am a loyal NAD customer since 1982 (amps, pre-amps, receivers), but I never used a NAD disc player until recently. I know the company has had quality problems. But I am amazed at how good my universal player from NAD sounds. I recently purchased it from a fellow board member. Cheers

Player arrived yesterday, and I've been listening to the Miles Davis Bootlet set on it throughout the day today (the set also arrived yesterday). I'm very happy with the sound; it's definitely crisper than what I was getting from my older model. More importantly, no skipping at all. My kids can run and jump around the room to their heart's content and the CD player keeps going without missing a beat.

Player arrived yesterday, and I've been listening to the Miles Davis Bootlet set on it throughout the day today (the set also arrived yesterday). I'm very happy with the sound; it's definitely crisper than what I was getting from my older model. More importantly, no skipping at all. My kids can run and jump around the room to their heart's content and the CD player keeps going without missing a beat.

How the heck can you appreciate good sound with those damn kids running and jumping around the room? :g