Masterpiece Classic - Page 8

skeith

Thanks, but all I'm getting is "page not available".

It available here (the U.S.). It's a Masterpiece Theatre presentation. Perhaps it's called something else in the U.K or the rest of Europe. I'm sure that one of our U.K members can provide a link that works in Europe.

Probably something to do with copyright. Jordi Pujol should release it in Europe - oh wait, he's already being discussed elsewhere... ;)

Edited by J.A.W.

It was a tv film by David Hare called Page Eight. I suspect that it has already been broadcast in the UK and elsewhere. At one point the hero plays a video of Fine and Mellow from The Sound of Jazz for a young woman and says something about how you can tell that Billie Holiday is still in love with Prez. Later he gives the woman a Lester Young cd.

I thought the movie was pretty good. Supposed to be a spy movie but not like "Smiley's People". Impressive cast with Bill Nighy, Alice Krige, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, and Rachel Weisz. Nighy plays the main character who collects art and loves jazz.

It's more a film about relationships and honesty grafted onto the spy genre.