Nina Simone - Complete RCA Recordings Box

felser

In my opinion much of her later stuff is underrated. Another recommendation here, a compilation with a great selection of more unknown recordings:

Tell It Like It Is 1967-1973

51KfpNOslEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Later stuff? This is surely not the later stuff and all of it is included in the Complete RCA Recordings Box

In my opinion much of her later stuff is underrated. Another recommendation here, a compilation with a great selection of more unknown recordings:

Tell It Like It Is 1967-1973

51KfpNOslEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Later stuff? This is surely not the later stuff and all of it is included in the Complete RCA Recordings Box

Later than early? :) Anyway a great compilation with good programming of songs. Sometimes boxes get a bit big. :rhappy:

So, has anyone tried asking for replacements for "Sings the Blues"? The bonus tracks are listed in the booklet but they aren't there...

There are just 2 bonus tracks (12 & 13) on that album, and both are present on my copy?

Mine is missing the two tracks, too, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I have not bothered trying to get a replacement. I'll probably end up tracking down a friend who has a copy of the album with the tracks, and get a BLATANTLY ILLEGAL COPY from him. And it will feel oh-so-good. I'll sing a jaunty little song as I rip the thing. Maybe I'll even tape it. At double speed.

So, has anyone tried asking for replacements for "Sings the Blues"? The bonus tracks are listed in the booklet but they aren't there...

There are just 2 bonus tracks (12 & 13) on that album, and both are present on my copy?

Mine is missing the two tracks, too, as mentioned earlier in the thread. I have not bothered trying to get a replacement. I'll probably end up tracking down a friend who has a copy of the album with the tracks, and get a BLATANTLY ILLEGAL COPY from him. And it will feel oh-so-good. I'll sing a jaunty little song as I rip the thing. Maybe I'll even tape it. At double speed.

I'm sorry about missleading you yesterday - I actually checked it out and you are right, the 2 tracks are missing from the CD. I have no idea how I missed it when I heard that CD for the first time?

Mine is an European pressing, perhaps the US pressings have the missing tracks?

Edited by Jazzis

I'm sorry about missleading you yesterday - I actually checked it out and you are right, the 2 tracks are missing from the CD. I have no idea how I missed it when I heard that CD for the first time?

Mine is an European pressing, perhaps the US pressings have the missing tracks?

That post is rather confusing... the US versions have the missing tracks, the Euro versions have the missing tracks... so which ones have the missing tracks? All of them, it seems :)