Coltrane, Jazz aesthetics, etc.

Dr. Rat

Hey Eric, I have been enjoying all of the exchanges on this thread.. Very provocative indeed! By the way, we should put our heads together and figure out a way to get Organissimo a gig in TC. I'll be at 310 this Saturday playing for Dave Chown's CD release party.. Stop by if you get a minute...

Ah Randy. Always pushin'.

:D

:D:g

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had the opportunity to read through this thread from start to finish. What a blast! Better than any novel of the last few years!

Seriously, Jim S., you should take it upon yourself to start writing down your perspectives on jazz in a more organized manner. How about couple books? I sense the potential for some real classics.

Thanks, but no thanks. If I do it on purpose, then it becomes "professional", and a

"professional writer" is something I have neither the talent for or the aspiration towards becoming. Get it here, while it happens. That's as real as I can keep it. ;)

OTOH, I read where liner notes are going for $350 on up, so hey, no sense being a purist about it, eh? :g

Understood.

In jazz, I feel that there is often a large gap between those who really understand it, with their teeth sunk in it so to speak, and those who can articulate it well in words, particularly to non-professionals. You would seem like an ideal candidate to bridge that gap.

Maybe later in life you will change your mind.

Edited by John L