Worlds Records

jlhoots

So I order 2 CDs from the Worlds Records site on Jan. 1.

They were shipped on Jan. 17, so I presume they didn't have them in stock.

10 days later the CDs are still NOT delivered.

$4+ to ship 2 CDs.

FWIW, DG shipped me 2 CDs on Jan. 23 for $1 less shipping, & they have already been delivered.

Is this typical for Worlds?

Why charge more for media mail than others charge for 1st class?

I'll think twice before I order from them again!! :shrug[1]::(

My experience with overseas delivery is that it's a crap shoot. It took so long to get a KIndle cover that I was in the process of getting another one from the same seller when it finally arrived. I'd say the whole process took about a month. On the other side of the coin, I ordered a gig bag and it was here in a week. Both were sent from England. Go figure.

I've been using Worlds for years. Sometimes there's a delay, it's a one or two man operation and things happen. I always order enough to get free shipping. I'm pretty patient as I always have way too much to listen to! I think they're a great resource and I support them.

I like Worlds Records and have ordered a number of CD's from them over the years. They have a great and tempting selection. I have a fairly significant wish-list built up there. Their shipping rates to Canada, at least, seem reasonable.

But you do point to a problem with their website. You can never tell whether they have something in stock or not. They usually post CD's as soon as they receive notice of them, weeks or even months before the actual release date. So it looks like they have something in stock ahead of everyone else, but they really don't. And if you order 3 CD's with 2 in stock and 1 not in stock, your whole order can get delayed.

Edited by John Tapscott

I agree with both jazzbo and John Tapscott. Worlds is a great source of fine music. Mind you, their shipping has really slowed down over the past couple of years, but I believe the culprit is the USPS not Worlds. Anything a person in Canada orders from an American source now takes much longer to arrive than it once did. I get parcels from the UK, France, Italy, and Germany much quicker than I do from the States, even from upstate New York which borders on Ontario. It's not just Worlds shipments that now take longer to get here. I have the same problem now with Cadence which is just across the border.

I agree with both jazzbo and John Tapscott. Worlds is a great source of fine music. Mind you, their shipping has really slowed down over the past couple of years, but I believe the culprit is the USPS not Worlds. Anything a person in Canada orders from an American source now takes much longer to arrive than it once did. I get parcels from the UK, France, Italy, and Germany much quicker than I do from the States, even from upstate New York which borders on Ontario. It's not just Worlds shipments that now take longer to get here. I have the same problem now with Cadence which is just across the border.

Yes Don, you're right. Things are definitely taking longer to arrive now than just a few years ago (the problem is at the Post Office, on both sides of the border). I used to get orders from New York State and New Jersey to Ontario within a week. No longer. My latest Worlds order arrived in just under 2 weeks which I considered quite good. But when you've always got something coming in from somewhere, you don't seem to notice the delay as much! I should add that Worlds is very fair about shipping rates. They charge the actual cost, and one really can't complain about that.

Edited by John Tapscott

I know (other than listing what isn't in stock yet) that it's the post office when it comes to shipping time.

I'm just saying that for less shipping cost on the same size order, you get 1st class mail from Dusty Groove & orders do arrive on time.

Here for more $ you get Media Mail which seems to take forever. 11 days & counting so far.

I had ordered enough to get free shipping. Then the 15% off sale took over & I was charged shipping since the discount reduced it below the free shipping threshold. That all took place after I placed the order. Still saved $1.15. Oh, boy!!

Edited by jlhoots

Larry, sorry you had this experience. I've never had this happen to me in dozens of orders.

Orders from Dusty Groove, CD Baby & Amazon, all placed later than the Worlds order have all arrived.

I e-mailed Worlds. They replied saying they had done their job by mailing the CDs & now it's up to the post office. :shrug[1]:

Sorry for this experience L. Damn. USPS messed up. The 30 day rule is USPS's and Worlds can't get any refund til after that period of time (plus however long USPS takes to investigate and refund, some considerable time I bet). Hope the order arrives soon.

I empathize with Ren.

He did say that "many" orders sent via media mail on the day mine was sent also have not arrived. Probably sitting in a bag somewhere in the post office IMO.

I told him that if 2 orders eventually arrive, I'll mark one "return to sender" & send it back.

In the meantime still no shipping notification on the reship which I was told was pending on Feb. 3.