Paul Dunmall

Stefan Wood

He's ridiculously prolific.

You can't go wrong with any of the Mujician albums with Keith Tippett, Paul Rogers and Tony Levin.

Mind Your Own Music Website

I suspect you've found it already, but there's a link there to Paul's catalogue - lots OOP as many are limited runs.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

prolific indeed. I'll second the Mujician recommendation without hesitation - fantastic band.

Then a lot will depend on what configurations you enjoy/dislike. PD can be heard probably in any combination from solo to big band and on most recordings will feature tenor and soprano

Some of my favourites:

Rylickolum [CIMP] w. Paul Rogers (you'll come across this fabulous bassist alot in the PD discography) and Kevin Norton

Deep Whole [FMR - release a lot and varied sessions from PD, more available than the Duns] w paul Rogers and Mark Sanders

Mumuksuta [Duns] - a sextet, 'spontaneous compositions' that are somewhat less high energy, utilising some very telling voicings across guitar, bass, flute, piano drums and saxes

Bebop Stardust [Cuneiform] - Octet. great composition by PD. swings like hell

Profound Sound trio [Porter] w Cyrille and Henry Grimes. yes, it sounds as good as it should. Live reording makes up in energy for any lack of clarity

many more. Look out for duos/trios with guitarist Phillips Gibbs or pianist Evelyn Chang

and if you have the chance, do see him live he's a force of nature but with a very unassuming manner, friendly and approachable.

I'm rather partial to his pipes playing but can understand why others might shy away