Jazz Clubs in Vegas?

...and Ronnie Foster is still around. In this article, he's buried as the leader of a back-up band to Human Nature

http://www.las-vegas-shows-reviews.com/human-nature/2012/05/02/

But he also does leader gigs from time to time; tough to keep tabs. Check the local free weekly newspaper club and concert listings.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/

I don't know if he's still with Penn and Teller, but Mike Jones was their musical director a couple of years back, and he's a fine jazz pianist.

From Buffalo originally, he studied at Berklee in Boston and would sub for Dave McKenna when still a student. Even then he was interested in jazz standards, unlike many of his fellow students, and has a tremendous range at the keyboard. Mike has a few CDs out, on Chiaroscuro. Highly recommended (if he's still there).

Several years back I went to the P&T show, and got to the Rio theater early. The Mike Jones Duo performed live jazz music to warm up the crowd. There was a tall, mysterious bass player who looked a bit familiar...

I don't know if he's still with Penn and Teller, but Mike Jones was their musical director a couple of years back, and he's a fine jazz pianist.

From Buffalo originally, he studied at Berklee in Boston and would sub for Dave McKenna when still a student. Even then he was interested in jazz standards, unlike many of his fellow students, and has a tremendous range at the keyboard. Mike has a few CDs out, on Chiaroscuro. Highly recommended (if he's still there).

Several years back I went to the P&T show, and got to the Rio theater early. The Mike Jones Duo performed live jazz music to warm up the crowd. There was a tall, mysterious bass player who looked a bit familiar...

me too

:tophat:

absolutely none, as far as i know. and there haven't been any there for a very long time. it's a pathetic state of affairs.

Not for me it isn't.

well, i haven't been to LV in many a moon and have no intention of doing so for various and sundry reasons, so it really doesn't affect me, if that's what you intimating.

• 2 years later...