a month of zorn on kcr

http://www.studentaffairs.columbia.edu/wkcr/story/zorn60-wkcr-september-2-2013-through-september-30-2013-updated-calendar

This September, WKCR’s New Music Department explores the music and community of John Zorn. The festival begins with a 24-hour birthday broadcast all day Monday, September 2nd. The celebration continues on all Afternoon New Music and Transfigured Night programs, in addition to various Classical, Jazz, and In All Languages programs throughout the month, culminating on the 30th. Be sure to check back here on the website for a more detailed schedule to come.

In addition to shows guest-programmed by Zorn himself, the festival will include rarities from Zorn’s collection and WKCR’s archives, in-depth programs highlighting Zorn’s ongoing musical projects (including Naked City, Masada, Game Pieces, Filmworks, and more), and interviews and live performances with Cyro Baptista, Anthony Coleman, Sylvie Courvoisier, Dave Douglas, Annie Gosfield, Erik Friedlander, Fred Frith, Pauline Kim, David Krakauer, Ikue Mori, George Lewis, John Medeski, Evan Parker, Fred Sherry, Trey Spruance, and many more. See below for a schedule of the artists' appearances at the station:

Zorn was on Terry Gross' "Fresh Air" yesterday. So interesting to hear the man talk about music and his somewhat eccentric lifestyle. A must listen for those who love Zorn as I and I suspect many others here do. Here's the link:
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/03/217195249/at-60-challenges-are-opportunities-for-john-zorn

Edited by disaac

An entire non-stop month of Zorn would still only cover about 3% of his discographical output.

Bertrand.

My very first thought too, upon seeing just the thread-title.

Reminds me of a handwritten note on the new-releases display at Euclid Records in St. Louis a good 10 or 15 years ago -- "This month's latest release by David Murray" (under a DIW disc, as I recall).