Guitar loop pedal/box

David Ayers

Briefly, I play guitar for my own amusement and I've got the idea I'd like a loop pedal (or box?) which would allow me to layer sounds. Can anyone advise me what features I should look for, well-known products, recommendations? I'll never play in public again so I don't need pro standard.

Thanks for any tips.

Two of my friends have a guitar-trumpet duo that is almost completely constructed around loops and they use a Lexicon model that they swear by no longer made, and rather unreliable, but they have about five of them between them and seem to be able to keep two going.

I have an Eventide delay pedal that loops but it is ridiculously expensive and you wouldn't want to go there (though it's a fantasic tool).

Another player I know uses a Boss pedal to very good effect and likes it a lot. Probably the cheapest, most reliable option I know.

I think you would want a Sustain pedal for that. I think Loopers are specifically designed for looping, which is complicated enough.

My only suggestion is that you should look for a looper with more than one pedal. The single pedal designs are cheaper but are tricky to coordinate the on the fly.