Budvar, Stella Artois, Heineken - No Difference?

What do you expect from a WINE association when it comes to testing beers? :g

One way of blowing one's own horn, I guess.

@GA Russell: The paper DOES read like it is a U.S. survey, BTW (cf. Section II).

Besides, who guarantes these US offshoots are actually 100% equivalents of the original European beers and not numb-tasted rehashes for "export" palates?

It is not an unknown fact that the actual Bavarian LÖWENBRÄU does not have much in common with the watered-down U.S. "Lowenbrau", for example.

Stella Artois has very much a so-so reputation over here anyway, even among Belgians who CARE about their domestic beers (give most of them a GUEUZE any time ... )

BTW, where is Weizy? He might have a say or two on that matter ... :g

Edited by Big Beat Steve

I can't speak of Budvar, but anyone who can't tell the difference between Stella Artois and Heineken should have their taste buds surgically removed and set afire on top of a dump heap.

On the other hand, this guy likes Heineken:

pepe-le-pew.gif?w=500

Your are not aware Heineken is produced by crusty Dutch midgets pissing into green bottles half filled with cow urine?

Your are not aware Heineken is produced by crusty Dutch midgets pissing into green bottles half filled with cow urine?

yes, indeed we are.... we're also acutely aware of stella being an inferior chemically infused import for the masses as well.

i'll have a fürstenberg or könig, please.