The Basement Tapes Complete ?

We've been discussing this a bit in the Bob Dylan Corner thread.

I received the two cd set Tuesday and listened to it before giving it to my brother for a birthday present. Then yesterday I received the six cd set and have begun listening to that. Pretty much the same notes are in both. They could have given us more liner notes imo. But no quibble at all with the sound, these tracks have NEVER sounded like this before. And the two cd set is a great distillation of the complete set, and will probably be all that anyone would need unless they are a huge Dylan and the Band nut like me.

I lucked out and got the Complete set from amazon.ca for 91 dollars including shipping. Was only at that price briefly and I slipped in and got a deal.I'd have still gone for it because these tapes have fascinated me for decades and I guessed rightly that the sound quality here blows all the bootlegs out of the water.

Edited by jazzbo

We've been discussing this a bit in the Bob Dylan Corner thread.

I received the two cd set Tuesday and listened to it before giving it to my brother for a birthday present. Then yesterday I received the six cd set and have begun listening to that. Pretty much the same notes are in both. They could have given us more liner notes imo. But no quibble at all with the sound, these tracks have NEVER sounded like this before. And the two cd set is a great distillation of the complete set, and will probably be all that anyone would need unless they are a huge Dylan and the Band nut like me.

Thanks for the initial feedback