LF: Kenny Burrell photos

Jim R

Thanks, Jimmer. The first one I had seen before (I think it was one of the obsolete image addresses I used earler in the thread). That's the guitar I mentioned above, this time having been modified further (humbucking pickups).

The second image didn't load at first, but it worked when I tried opening it in a new window. Cool shot of Kenny with his D'Angelico New Yorker (circa late 60's).

I'm kind of wondering if I should have posted this thread in a different forum (since I'm not looking to buy anything). Maybe it should have been in "Artists"? If any of the mods want to move it, that would be fine.

• 2 years later...

Dan, I got the Burrell/Kessel/Green photo from Here. Lots of interesting photos from shows in the UK. There's a jazz guitar video (now on DVD, I think) that's been in circulation for years, of those three playing one tune (a blues by Kessel) at a club (Ronnie Scott's?) in England, circa 1969 or so. The photo above may be the same location, but I think it's a different (later) performance, probably early 70's.

Just saw this thread doing a search. The links are now dead unfortunately. Never seen a photo of Burrell/Kessell/Green before that's not a screen shot from the DVD. This thread was from a time before my internet days. Any chance of sharing again if it's not restricted. Didn't know that they may have been playing together on other occasions. Although Grant Green mentioned in interviews that he and Kenny Burrell and Wes Montgomery used to share the stage together in clubs back in the early sixties.

Also what would be the earliest known film of Kenny Burrell?

Edited by freelancer

Also what would be the earliest known film of Kenny Burrell?

Wouldn't know about the film but some EXTREMELY early photos of Kenny Burrell can be found in the BEFORE MOTOWN book by Gallert/Bjorn about the pre-1960 jazz and R&B history of Detroit (great book in every other respect too, BTW)

Thanks. I would like to read that one. Sounds great.

• 5 months later...

I just found these ones doing an image search on Google. I hope they're helpful. We can thank Durium for the second photo!

G-barrel.JPGburrell3.jpg

Love the second photo. Kenny playing the very useful E#9 chord :g

Just came across this on the web. What a great image. I think it was taken back in March of 2012...

UCLA%20Jazz.jpg

Great photo. Two survivors and two sides of the Blues. Wonder what they're about to play?

Edited by freelancer

I just found these ones doing an image search on Google. I hope they're helpful. We can thank Durium for the second photo!

G-barrel.JPGburrell3.jpg

Love the second photo. Kenny playing the very useful E#9 chord :g

Just came across this on the web. What a great image. I think it was taken back in March of 2012...

UCLA%20Jazz.jpg

Great photo. Two survivors and two sides of the Blues. Wonder what they're about to play?

I guess it was "K.B. - B.B. Blues": http://www.kcet.org/shows/opencall/web-extras/program-notes-for-kenny-burrell-jazz-master-and-mentor.html

I was off on the date, by the way. Looks like the event happened 11/12/11.