Vinny Golia - Solo at Gold Lion Art (cassette only)

jcam_44

Heads up to any Golia fans. A very limited tape only released a couple weeks ago. copied to post from www.goldlionarts.blogspot.com/. I just ordered my copy. I found it based on the discogs page.

3 New Cassette Releases From Gold Lion Arts!
10996813_10205802210244822_7371136515264

Gold Lion Arts is releasing 3 new cassettes this month, all of which were recorded live at our space.
Copies are extremely limited, so if you are interested in any of these they won't last long. They are also only available on cassette. There will not be any digital versions of these releases.

For info, please email goldlionarts@gmail.com
Vinny Golia-Solo at Gold Lion Arts
*LA windmaster Vinny Golia plays a variety of reeds, singing bowls, flutes and more in this wonderful recording. The solo set is a continuous piece, divided over two sides. It's very high energy and showcases a master at work.
***Limited to 75 copies. $6
Amy Reed-Solo Guitar
*Amy Reed's continued growth and development as an improviser is apparent on this micro-release. Her electric guitar set, recorded in the summer of 2014 is flowing with beautiful, aggressive sounds with a nice arc going into Side B. The cassettes are only 10 min in length and are limited to 25 copies.
***25 copies $4
Ross Hammond and Catherine Sikora-Perfect Plasticity
*This duo cassette release is the first recording made at Gold Lion Arts. It features Sacramento guitarist Hammond with frequent collaborator Catherine Sikora on Tenor Saxophone. Sikora, who hails from Ireland by way of New York is playing with a fire and the two get into some killer duo improvisations. Hammond is on electric and acoustic guitars and each piece finds the two weaving lines and textures into a cacophony of sound. Highly recommended!!!!
***50 copies $6
You can Paypal the cassette amount plus $3 shipping to goldlionarts@gmail.com (international orders please add $10 US for shipping).
For any info on these releases please email goldlionarts@gmail.com or stop by the studio!

Update for anyone who was interested in this, got my copy today. 30 minutes of solo Vinny is always a good thing. Wish this was a bit longer but that is just being greedy. Vinny lives up to his high standards. Have already transferred it so I can soak it up via iPod at work tomorrow.

Edited by jcam_44