Pistons Eastern Champs

Yeah, I know they won't get far in the playoffs vs. the western conference, but you have to give them props for what they have accomplished with no real standout stars. Central Conference champs two years in a row and now Eastern Conference champs. I think that's worthy of some praise.

Here's to Big Ben coming back!!

:bwallace::bwallace::bwallace:

Guest Mnytime

So which team from the East (The Minor League) is getting beat this year for the Championship and will they win more than 1 game in the NBA final this time? ;)

Edited by Mnytime

I think the Pistons have a good chance of getting walloped by the West champions, whoever they might be this year. I'm not putting my money on the Lakers. I'd actually like to see the Spurs or the Kings rise to the occassion, although the Kings bother me. They complain too much... just shutup and play the game.

As long as the Pistons get past the second round of playoffs, I'll be happy. That will show some progress from last year. They just need that one standout player that makes things happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... this series has been entertaining to say the least. The Pistons get down 3-1 and then win the next two games to tie it up and force game seven tomorrow (well, today technically).

This is why I love basketball! :)

GO PISTONS AND BIG BEN (who had 20 points, 17 rebounds, and 5 blocks Friday night!)

Well the Pistons did it, thanks to the new seven game plan which Stern put in, mid-season I might add, to help the Lakers but the Pistons are the ones to benefit and Stern was right, the better team will win a seven game series while the upsets are more possible with the five game series.

Edited by kdd

Pistons took care of Philly last night. That was a great way to start the series. Hopefully they can win another one at home and maybe one at Philly and put this series away a little better than the last one.

And hopefully Billups isn't hurt too bad. Not a good thing.

Ben Wallace was dominating again on D.

:bwallace:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. The Pistons are got stomped by the Nets in NJ. They didn't play well, but I also have to say that the officiating was not very good. Chauncey got a T for saying "bullshit" and waving his arm once in the air during the first quarter. The rest of the Nets got away with acting like complete babies on every call without any T's. The only one they got was for Kenyon Martin's showboating after a dunk (a well deserved T). They should've gotten a lot more.

And how many times can the Nets push Ben Wallace in the back before the officials call a foul? Good grief.

Oh well. Number two pick in the draft ain't bad! :)

Guest Mnytime

Especially since I think the 2nd and 3rd picks both might end up being better than the well known #1 pick. Not sure how much hunger James is going to have when he already has a $90 million shoe deal and hasn't played against anyone with talent in most of his career. The European kid has been playing with European Pro's since he was 14 and Anthony at least has shown he can lead a team and play under pressure as a Freshman.

I think the Pistons lucked out actually getting the #2 pick, which they got from Memphis.

Edited by Mnytime

Yeah, they just look out of gas last night. Losing those 2 squeakers at the Palace just killed their spirit. A fine effort this year. Absolutely overachieved.

I would like to see them get Danko, a better fit IMHO, although 'Melo could turn out to be amazing. It's nice to have such problems!

I agree with Mnytime that LeBron may not be the best choice for number one. Wouldn't it be funny if Gund picked Carmelo? It'll never happen though. I really hope things work out for the Cleveland though.

Speaking of the draft though: The Pistons in the past have shown an incredible ability to choose Dennis Rodman/Theo Ratliff/Ben Wallace defensive geniuses. Can't see them going for that kind of player with the second pick, but perhaps they can select someone of that type in the second round, or do they have another pick in the first round?

Guest Mnytime

Yeah, they just look out of gas last night. Losing those 2 squeakers at the Palace just killed their spirit. A fine effort this year. Absolutely overachieved.

I would like to see them get Danko, a better fit IMHO, although 'Melo could turn out to be amazing. It's nice to have such problems!

I agree with Mnytime that LeBron may not be the best choice for number one. Wouldn't it be funny if Gund picked Carmelo? It'll never happen though. I really hope things work out for the Cleveland though.

We are talking about Cleveland, which means that James is going to blow a knee his first month. Now if it was the Clippers it would be the day after he signed his contract. ;)

You would think that Cleveland would know there is more than enough pressure on James without him playing for his hometown team. Half the arena is going to be filled by his posse alone. :D

The only chance I see James having is if they get someone like Van Gundy to coach the team.

The smartest thing for the Cavaliers to do is to trade the pick. Someone will gladly overpay for it and let the kid go through his growing pains somewhere else and if he a bust or just average, the Cavaliers will look very smart. When was the last time that happened?

Guest Mnytime

The smartest thing for the Cavaliers to do is to trade the pick. Someone will gladly overpay for it and let the kid go through his growing pains somewhere else and if he a bust or just average, the Cavaliers will look very smart. When was the last time that happened?

No chance this is happening. They have reported the best days of sales since Gund arena opened since the minute they won the Lottery. There would be a class action lawsuit and riot if they didn't draft him now.

I think that the Nets are playing the best that they've played all year. I hope they win the NBA finals, because I like the style of the Nets game (closer to the Pistons') and the East has been dissed all year.

Does anyone have any insights concerning how Bill Walton keeps his job?

The Nets are playing very well. I think Detroit should've won those first two games (there were some atrocious calls against Detroit in those two) and if they had they probably would've won the series. But losing the first two at home... that's gotta be a confidence buster. Plus not having Billups at full strength hurt them bad.

It would be nice if the Nets brought home the championship, but I think the Spurs (who will win the west series) will stomp them.