A few obscure Japanese jazz CDs for sale

Prices include shipping within North America.  Overseas inquire please!

Kiyoshi Sugimoto Quintet "Babylonia Wind" (Dig Deep Columbia, mini LP gatefold sleeve - as new with OBI and insert) $30

Kiyoshi Sugimoto Quartet "Country Dream" (Dig Deep Columbia, jewel box edition - as new with OBI) $20

Takeshi Inomata Sound of Sound LTD "s/t" (Dig Deep Columbia - mini LP sleeve - as new with OBI) $30

Jiro Inagaki "Funky Stuff" (Dig Deep Columbia - as new with OBI) $25

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MagicAlex61 said:

Any luck? I see one or two on the list that I'd love to grab myself.

Haven't heard anything back, I'm afraid (and I did PM the OP).  Last time the OP was even logged into the board was June 20, 2017 (about 18 months ago).

FWIW, it was the two Kiyoshi Sugimoto discs I wanted.

8 hours ago, MagicAlex61 said:

Good choice! I was hoping for the Babylonia Wind CD as I already have Country Dream and play it a few times a week. Good luck!

I'm especially interested in "Babylonia Wind" - as one track from it is on a J-Jazz v/a sampler CD I recently got (and it's quite good). My sampling of "Country Dream" seems to indicate it's a rather interesting and unconventional date too.  Good luck to you too!

• 3 weeks later...

Sugimoto, like many other Japanese jazz men, had good understanding of what's currently hip in America, and as such some of his later works are on a bit slick side. But those early 70's recordings are good in my book. I like Babylonia Wind a bit more than Country Dream but both are fine. I like this one a lot, too (though it might be hard to track down): Quintet Live at Mingo's Musico (1973).

https://www.discogs.com/%E6%9D%89%E6%9C%AC%E5%96%9C%E4%BB%A3%E5%BF%97%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96-%E5%85%AD%E6%9C%AC%E6%9C%A8-Mingos-Musico%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A6%E5%8F%8E%E9%8C%B2/release/10155860