Plant City FL Here We Come?!

DG-- Microgroove in Tampa is owned by ex-Vinyl Fever employee; not the same thing (no new CD stock or music-related books / magazines) but at least the spirit's there-- sometimes Spirit records too & he'll sell as much jazz & blues as he can get in, just question as with most used places what they can acquire. As you'll see, Tampa Sound Exchange especially will get some very interesting collections in-- I think there's a dozen or so Mosaic boxes there now (most priced to sell) on one end of the spectrum, a few dozen John Zorn-related discs the other. Sound Exchange also does DVDs / BluRay & vintage audio.

re: the Rays & Red Sox, though the political / biz shenaigans involved is part of what turned me off to MLB, ** you ** are in luck because after years long battle full of lies lies lies lies and sub-childish threats, the St. Petersburg City Council finally voted to allow the Rays to look for new location in Hillsborough-- breaking a lease at the Trop that runs through 2027 & was a (too) generous deal back when. It's uncertain exactly what will happen; "ideal" for ownership and the Tampa Mayor is to figure sight near downtown or Ybor but obviously land cheaper / more available elsewhere in Hillsborough.

The griping btw is that Rays in St Pete, i.e. that side of the Bay, handicaps driving attendence & not enough Pinellas folks care, nor Sarasota / Bradenton driving up from there. But who DOES like domed stadiums, even in long hot Florida?

St Pete, while it has issues common with other Fla cities, quite burgeoning now and though there are some very good food options by the stadium, at this point it's almost a coincidence the stadium is there & I bet nearly all the best of St Pete 'revival' will continue if / when they go (+ the land stadium is on can be put to better, multi-use.) There's pro soccer (Rowdies) at Al Lang Stadium St Pete but I don't follow it.