Insomnia

12 hours ago, mjzee said:

I've noticed that this thread exists, but haven't been following it.  Nonetheless, the following article showed up in my Facebook news feed.  I have no idea whether this works, but merely offer it up for examination: http://themindunleashed.org/2016/05/boil-bananas-before-bed-drink-the-liquid-and-you-will-not-believe-what-happens-to-your-sleep.html

There are all manner of wild 'remedies' that people claim work. It's belief and expectation---much like religion. If the stuff worked on insomnia so perfectly everyone would be taking it, right?

Edited by fasstrack

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night I woke up 12:25 AM. When an extra 3 MGs of Melatonin didn't work I succumbed and took Lorazepam. (Funny, I thought I had lost the pills, but they were hiding in a flap in my 'medicine bag'). I hope I don't yield to temptation again. I had to be up at 8 this morning, and not sleeping wouldn't do at all...

Edited by fasstrack

just woke up from a long late afternoon nap. it's around 8:30 pm now, and i know this is going to mess up my sleep later, since i usually go to bed by 10:30-11 when not gigging. i have a rehearsal tomorrow and need a good rest first. damn it...

Edited by fasstrack

Not a good night for me.  Went to about 11 but woke up at 1.  Had a "discussion" with my son and couldn't fall asleep after that until 3.  Then he woke me up at 430 -- great! Managed to fall asleep after that though.

Not a good night for me.  Went to about 11 but woke up at 1.  Had a "discussion" with my son and couldn't fall asleep after that until 3.  Then he woke me up at 430 -- great! Managed to fall asleep after that though.

3 hours ago, Brad said:

At least you got back to sleep. Some others here can't do that. We all have to count our blessings...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I experienced almost 2 weeks of not sleeping at all or not enough. The pattern seemed to be a day of perhaps 6 hours sleep, followed by one of none. A horrible thing to go through. I had resorted to Lorazepam, since the herbs (and Melatonin) I was taking simply did not work---but I ran out. (They helped lull me to sleep OK, but I was up within a few hours. Lorazepam again now, and I still take the supplements, though I don't place much faith in them now...

Edited by fasstrack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump. I'm curious how everyone is faring.

As for me, I still take herbs----though they do little than to make me tired at bedtime. The real promoter of sleep for me is Lorazepam. I'm not crazy about the idea of using it (it is addictive, and I don't wish to use it forever), but with the herbs alone I often woke up after a few hours and could not fall back asleep. Now I rarely sleep less than 6 solid hours.

I hope everyone is dealing with their sleep disruptions well, or---better still---getting a good night's sleep...

• 1 month later...

Well, lads and lassies it's raised its ugly, meddling head again

I've been keeping night owl hours of late going out jamming and havng a wonderful time. But my internal alarm clock still seems to be set to ring between 7 and 8 AM.  Wednesday morning I didn't get to bed till after 5 AM. You can imagine the havoc and confusion that wreaks within.

For example I just arose at 5, having retired around 12:45. Tonight I plan to sit in with Gene Bertoncini, and I wish to be well-rested today.

It's disconcerting...