What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Inspired by soulpope's post above, I'm now listening to Mahler's Second Symphony.  This Bruno Walter recording is an old favorite.

81gYpcaFMdL._SX600_.jpg

Would love to hear that Kubelik M2 on Audite. But it's hard to justify buying more recordings of these works when you already own a half-dozen (or more) of each. And there are so many other musical worlds to explore too!

Even so, I'll probably buy them eventually. ;) 

16 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Inspired by soulpope's post above, I'm now listening to Mahler's Second Symphony.  This Bruno Walter recording is an old favorite.

81gYpcaFMdL._SX600_.jpg

Would love to hear that Kubelik M2 on Audite. But it's hard to justify buying more recordings of these works when you already own a half-dozen (or more) of each. And there are so many other musical worlds to explore too!

Even so, I'll probably buy them eventually. ;) 

These Kubelik "live" recording add so much colour and tension compared to already excellent DG studio recordings ....n this case buying another version is reasonable ... but isn`t this always the case :D .... but again, highly recommended ....

8 minutes ago, soulpope said:

These Kubelik "live" recording add so much colour and tension compared to already excellent DG studio recordings ....n this case buying another version is reasonable ... but isn`t this always the case :D .... but again, highly recommended ....

Hmm.

I only own two of the live Kubelik Mahler recordings on Audite: Sym. No. 5 and Das Lied von der Erde. 

If you were in my shoes, which one (or two) would you get next???  Which ones are especially special?

3 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Hmm.

I only own two of the live Kubelik Mahler recordings on Audite: Sym. No. 5 and Das Lied von der Erde. 

If you were in my shoes, which one (or two) would you get next???  Which ones are especially special?

Go for 7 + 8 .... especially special and then some ....

On 10/30/2019 at 10:28 PM, soulpope said:

Excellent ....

Yes indeed! Made time for nos. 3 & 4 as well, excellent set. :tup

Now playing Bruckner 8 - Simone Young / Philharmoniker Hamburg (Oehms). Don't often reach for this one - not sure why, as it's sounding pretty good right now!

Bruckner-Symphonies-Simone-Young.jpg  Bruckner-8-Simone-Young.jpg

Edited by Marzz