Pat Metheny in conversation with CJ Shearn

Very good read and thanks. I was fortunate enough to see his Unity band in a relatively small setting last year and it was an incredible experience. I've seen PM since the late 70s off and on and thought his playing that night was the best I've ever seen him play. I also highly recommend the Unity BR; it captures the band at its peak and is superbly recorded with an excellent surround mix. PM is truly a thoughtful musician!

9 hours ago, mr jazz said:

Very good read and thanks. I was fortunate enough to see his Unity band in a relatively small setting last year and it was an incredible experience. I've seen PM since the late 70s off and on and thought his playing that night was the best I've ever seen him play. I also highly recommend the Unity BR; it captures the band at its peak and is superbly recorded with an excellent surround mix. PM is truly a thoughtful musician!

Yeah, I enjoy the DVD very much.  May get the "Unity Sessions" blu at some point but am definitely getting the 2 CD release of all the music from the film.  I will play the album probably far more than "Unity Band" and the "Kin" studio albums as great as they are.  The music on the "Unity Sessions" took all that music from the 2 albums into another place, and that version of "(Go) Get It" is the best version Pat's released.  The 12 string fretless with the grungy tone makes a huge different and he takes it out far more than he did on the "Trio 99-00" record or when he played it with Sanchez as a duet on the "Speaking of Now" tour which I saw in 2002.