Gerry Mulligan Original Quartet w/Chet Baker

JohnT

I just purchased this West Coast Classic 2-CD Set -- "Gerry Mulligan Original Quartet with Chet Baker". I have a question for anyone else who has it. On disc 1, track 1, the song "Get Happy" I hear what , at first, I thought was a lot of tape hiss during the track. The hiss doesn't appear on any other songs on the CD from what I have heard thus far. Does anyone know whether this is in the original tape source or is this CD defective??

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

JSnrgy -- Thanks for your quick reply!!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!

Ariceffron -- the hiss is NOT apparent on the other 2 tunes from the same home recording session which is why I was questioning it. Also, there is NO mention of the hiss in the liner notes (I did read them) and YES I do know that these recordings were from 1952 so the sound isn't going to be perfect but...

GEEZ, I was only asking a simple question... :wacko:

Guest ariceffron

oih is that so. no hiss on the others. ill have 2 check that out. i mean hell though all i was sayin dude was anyone who complains about fidelity on a bootleged tape from gerrys apartment in 1951 is asking for the beat down

Don't get me wrong. I love these CD's. :wub: I could give a crap if the sound is on the source tape 'cause I agree -- just to be able to hear this music is a blessing!!!!

But the sound I heard at first listen was similar to a factory mastering problem I've heard before -- I just wanted to check to see if anyone experienced the same problem. However, after closer listening maybe it is in the source tape. It don't matter 'cause this music is FANTASTIC!!! :tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

...and man you guys are funny!!!!! :g

• 2 weeks later...