Rare as all get-out

clifford_thornton

Brownie, what about some of those Danish Debuts? I'm willing to bet that the Steinmetz and the TCJQ LPs (the one with the newspaper cover) make hens' teeth look like plain old feathers...

Those ones are pretty rare. Never came across them. Just saw cover reproductions of these Debut LPs.

Actually, if you think about it, most of the BN albums that have come out since 1986 (not the reissues) are all pretty rare. There's that 500 copies per year rule that they have in effect, and there are quite a few BN's that go out of print within their year. They may not seem rare now, but after Mosaic does their Bill Stewart on Blue Note Select box in 2035, My copies of Snide Remarks and Telepathy are gonna be a prospective goldmine... :P

Gee, and I thought my copy of Dexter Gordon's "All Souls", a private pressing of 500 of a live recording, qualified here.  Guess not.

Where it was recorded?

I don't recall and its packed up at the moment. But it was Dex backed by an obscure rhythm section, somewhere in Scandinavia, I believe.

Mmmm, "Dex backed by an obscure rhythm section".... :excited:

Mmmm, donuts... :)