Clayton/Ventura/Shank/Jacquet

To continue our idea of offering our Mosaic sets to jazz message board members first, we are offering four OOP Limited Edition Mosaic sets.

Buck Clayton 144

Ilinois Jacquet 165

Bud Shank 180

Charlie Ventura 182

Background: When my late father would buy a Mosaic set, he would remove the CDs from the box, read through the booklet, and then put the box & booklet into a storage container in the closet. The boxes will arrive to you looking like they came from Mosaic direct.

Until Tuesday, March 17th, 8:00PM EST, we will solicit your offers via e-mail to jazzmantom2004@yahoo.com for a silent auction, and we will notify you via e-mail as to the results either way. If you follow these items on eBay and jazz boards, you should know the approximate values of these sets, and we have established reserves on them.

Payment: We accept PayPal, Western Union BidPay, US Postal Money Orders, and regular US Money Orders. Immediate shipping with the first 3 options. Regular Money Orders must clear my bank before shipping. PayPal by Friday. Money Orders must reach us within 7 days.

What you should expect: We have so far amassed 60 positive feedbacks on eBay and half.com in just 3 weeks and shipped 200+ cds in that time including private orders from board members. We are eBay buyers of things other than jazz as well as sellers so we will not treat you the way we wouldn't want to be treated. We special ordered special 13X13 boxes just to be able to ship these sets and have invested in ample supplies of bubble wrap.

Shipping: We will ship just about anywhere worldwide. For domestic shipping we use USPS Media Mail with Delivery Confirmation. The charge for shipping is $9.95 first set/$7.25 each additional set. Postal Insurance is optional, recommended, and extra. Of course, you can upgrade to First Class, Priority Mail, or FedEx.

If you have any questions, please e-mail me at jazzmantom2004@yahoo.com.

Have fun everyone!

Hal

Edited by jazzmantom2004

Until Tuesday, March 17th, 8:00PM EST, we will solicit your offers via e-mail to jazzmantom2004@yahoo.com for a silent auction, and we will notify you via e-mail as to the results either way. If you follow these items on eBay and jazz boards, you should know the approximate values of these sets, and we have established reserves on them.

Reserves???

Well, why not post your reserve price?

Tuesday, March 16th. Sorry. I was out-of-whack. :P

Reserves: For the same reason that they are not posted on eBay. The goal is to secure the best bid for the set. The proceeds are acting like mom's life insurance from my dad. Therefore, if you post your reserve in advance, that's about all you may get. Avoids collusion in bidding amongst friends. Hope this answered your question.

Hal

PS. It might be a moot point anyway. We wanted to make these sets available to board members first because we had received a ton of e-mails requesting the sets from members. Unfortunately we have not had one offer on any of the 7 sets we posted on the board. I'm afraid the rest will go straight to eBay if these don't sell.

Edited by jazzmantom2004

Brad,

I assumed by the nature of the board that people interested in this board would know what these were worth.

I have no idea what price to post. I know nothing about jazz or jazz collectables.

My goal is simple- honor my father's wishes. They were- 1) Try to make sure that the collection ends up with other collectors as best is possible and 2) Get as much for my mother as I can.

I'm working on it.

Hal