Breyer's Ice Cream

Funny, but I avoid Breyers. I find it too watery--let it melt and you will see how diluted that cream is. Häagen-Dazs is far superior, IMO, but nothing beats the ice cream one can get in the country--I grew up on Danish ice cream (no air pumped into it), so I guess I'm spoiled.

....and I believe Haagen Dazs is actually an American company (not that it matters :) ).

I did not mean to imply that Häagen Dazs is in any way Danish. It is an American product which, when it was launched, was marketed as "the real Danish ice cream" and featured a map of Denmark ion the advertisements. Denmark called it false advertising (which it was) and filed a complaint, so Häagen Dazs (which sounded Danish to the guy who came up with it, but fooled no Dane) became "the real ice cream."

Like I said, it is good, but the rich, creamy stuff I grew up with is better.

My wife picked up a carton of Edy's low-sugar ice cream. Praeline pecan I believe. Wow. Good stuff.

Still like Breyer's better.

Back in the ol' days, when I was a youngin', there was an ice cream manufacturer out of a small town called Eaton Rapids to the south of Lansing. Millers, I believe the name was. That stuff was GOOD! Long gone, unfortunately.

Funny, but I avoid Breyers. I find it too watery--let it melt and you will see how diluted that cream is. Häagen-Dazs is far superior, IMO, but nothing beats the ice cream one can get in the country--I grew up on Danish ice cream (no air pumped into it), so I guess I'm spoiled.

....and I believe Haagen Dazs is actually an American company (not that it matters :) ).

I did not mean to imply that Häagen Dazs is in any way Danish. It is an American product which, when it was launched, was marketed as "the real Danish ice cream" and featured a map of Denmark ion the advertisements. Denmark called it false advertising (which it was) and filed a complaint, so Häagen Dazs (which sounded Danish to the guy who came up with it, but fooled no Dane) became "the real ice cream."

Like I said, it is good, but the rich, creamy stuff I grew up with is better.

Chris,

I knew what you meant. I think if you ask most people in America where it comes from, they wouldn't think America (by the name). I know I didn't!!

My other problem with Breyer's is that it's too sweet. I notice this especially with the chocolate, my favorite flavor. I do like their strawberry, however.

This week my wife bought me a pint of Julie's Organic Chocolate ice cream. It was outstanding!