Anybody heard the AEC Charly/Varese reissues?

sal

I recently picked the Art Ensemble of Chicago's "Live In Paris" which is fantastic. I noticed that there are two more reissues from the same era, "Reese and the Smooth Ones" and "Jackson in Your House/Message to Our Folks". How are these albums? Has anybody heard the reissues? Comments? Thanks in advance!

I had no idea that BYG was "one of those" labels. I normally don't support any of those record labels who screw over the artists or their living heirs. That's really unfortunate, because I've really been digging the "Live In Paris" disc. I'll just add this company to Proper, JSP and the other labels I'm boycotting. Thanks for the information.

I picked up Live in Paris and have been enjoying it.

I'd like to point out that I think the liners are incorrect that this is one concert. There's definitely a trap drummer on disc two, unlike the percussion background on disc one. That made me think disc two was recorded after adding Famadou Don Moye to the band. A look at the AEC discography on line (and I don't have the link handy, but I found it through this board, I think) seemed to confirm that these discs were probably from two separate concerts.

I like the first one better (and the sound is better on it, too), but I think this was a worthwhile acquisition--and I don't have a lot of AEC, so I want a lot more!!!