Let's compile the jazz album covers books master-list.

I've owned this book for about 20 years now. Good value for money and recommended. I must admit I had omitted this from the list in my initial post because its contents go beyond jazz. But the jazz content is high indeed. Of course those who own the Alex Steinweiss, David Stone Martin and Jim Flora books will not find much that's new to them here but overall it is a very good overview, particularly of the 78rpm album and 10" LP era.

• 2 weeks later...

Kohler, Eric. In the Groove: Vintage Record Graphics 1940-1960. Chronicle Books, 1999 ISBN 10: 0811821218  ISBN 13: 9780811821216

What an enjoyable book! Thanks for recommending it, @jazzcorner! In opposition to the two Blue Note books, this smaller format volume was written not by a jazz journalist, but by a graphic artist. Author provides concise biographical sketches of several noted album cover designers, like Steinweiss, Flora, Nitsche, Goldblatt and several others, along with the descriptions of their styles. Did you know that there is a font type known as the Steinweiss Scrawl? 

6 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Kohler, Eric. In the Groove: Vintage Record Graphics 1940-1960. Chronicle Books, 1999 ISBN 10: 0811821218  ISBN 13: 9780811821216

What an enjoyable book! Thanks for recommending it, @jazzcorner! In opposition to the two Blue Note books, this smaller format volume was written not by a jazz journalist, but by a graphic artist. Author provides concise biographical sketches of several noted album cover designers, like Steinweiss, Flora, Nitsche, Goldblatt and several others, along with the descriptions of their styles. Did you know that there is a font type known as the Steinweiss Scrawl? 

YOu're welcome!