12/5 in Kingston, NY @ Tubby's: Lisa Cameron/Sandy Ewen; Jo Saucier

For those into the more experimental range of things:

I wanted to let you know about the final improvised music show of the year at Tubby's. Initially because December can be a rather slow month I figured we'd wind down "So What Do You Think?" in November, and of course that was a blast -- Empathy Gene (Yanda/Robertson/Haynes) and Jef Brown really brought the sonic goods. But when Lisa Cameron, a comrade from my Austin days, asked about a weekday gig early in December we put our heads together and are happy to report that there is *at least* one more opportunity to have your mind expanded in the Tub this year.

When? Tuesday, December 5, doors at 7 music 8ish
Where? Tubby's in Kingston, NY
How much? Sliding scale, $5-$10, all proceeds go to the musicians. Advance tix available here for a low cost: https://tubbyskingston.lyte.com/3707719

Lisa Cameron (ST37, Jandek, many other collaborations) is a percussionist and improviser based in Austin and I first became aware of her work through activities at the Church of the Friendly Ghost and other East Austin haunts back in the day. Guitarist Sandy Ewen has collaborated frequently with Cameron (their See Creatures double cassette on Astral Spirits is a scorcher) and is also someone I first encountered in Austin, mostly through her activities in the uncategorizable band The Weird Weeds, and have been following ever since. Electronic musician and visual artist Jo Saucier (Midnight Dental; Throne Down) is a Kingston local and I'm excited to have her setting the energy levels for this Texas-New York encounter.