Shipping problem - Morphius records

jlhoots

2 hours ago, jlhoots said:

I ordered a Lafayette Gilchrist CD. Morphius Records shipped using DHL. 14 days & not here. Hasn't been scanned in 8 days. Morphius not answering e-mails. Disappointing!!

Update - Morphius finally answered & offered to send another copy. HOWEVER, after 15 days it's finally made it from Maryland to Phoenix. Now it needs to get to Santa Fe & be transferred to the post office for delivery. The message to me is don't use DHL.

Edited by jlhoots

1 hour ago, jazzbo said:

Weird as I use DHL from Japan and get things in three days or so. (Not cheap, but fast and reliable for years!) Plus the delivery people are super nice.

Interesting. This has taken 15 days to get from Maryland to Arizona. DHL anticipates another 3-7 days to get to New Mexico. Also since  Morphius uses the "sure post" method, DHL has to take it to the post office to be delivered to my mailbox by the postal service. They (Morphius) should have just sent it USPS & it would have been here several days ago (even if they used media mail). Don't know if DHL delivery people are nice or not since I won't get to see one.

Obviously it's a different situation, but in my situation I've been very happy with DHL.

Anytime you have one service delivering to another for final delivery there are multiple possibilities for delays and errors. I have had delays from UPS delivering to USPS for final delivery, though nothing like you have experienced. The most recent delay I have experienced was for a book I ordered for my wife. The vendor created a USPS label, and it took 21 days for that label to actually indicate the book moved in the system. My guess is the vendor was responsible for that delay. 

This is the time of the year when you really should expect shipping delays. Every shipper is trying move a ton of packages right now & unless the shipper paid the extra money, it may get put on the back burner as everyone tries to get their packages in before Christmas. It'll get even worse over the next week. I try not to ship anything after Thanksgiving unless I really have to.

As Kevin says, maybe it's because it's that time of the year. I've used DHL for shipping from Japan many times, and it has always been quick and reliable. But a package (from Japan) which was scheduled to arrive here today is now stuck in Germany, with only the following information available:

EVENT CATEGORY
15 Dec 23 10:27 AM - Shipment is on hold - LEIPZIG,GERMANY

Further Details - DHL cannot move the shipment or attempt delivery due to a local issue.
Next Steps - Shipment will be moved or delivered once the issue is resolved. Please continue to monitor the progress online.

Edited by Daniel A

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

As Kevin says, maybe it's because it's that time of the year. I've used DHL for shipping from Japan many times, and it has always been quick and reliable. But a package (from Japan) which was scheduled to arrive here today is now stuck in Germany, with only the following information available:

EVENT CATEGORY
15 Dec 23 10:27 AM - Shipment is on hold - LEIPZIG,GERMANY

Further Details - DHL cannot move the shipment or attempt delivery due to a local issue.
Next Steps - Shipment will be moved or delivered once the issue is resolved. Please continue to monitor the progress online.

Good luck. My shipment is still in Phoenix for the last 2 days.