Old Timey Recordings

I advertise mysel as a "music sleuth and conservationist," primarily helping people to find out-of-print and unpublished big-band arrangements.  Today, however, somebody came to me with an unusual request:  Can I help them find and acquire old-timey audio recordings by the Roland Cumberland Orchestra?  How would one go about doing this?  Are there repositories of older recordings that I might contact and search?

Thanks for your.response.  Actually I know a little bit about the man.  I played a few society dance gigs with Roland in his elder years. 

My question is a little more generic:  How does one go about searching for older recordings?  I've tried Google search, ebay, Discogs, Amazon, Dusty Groove.  Are there places where I can search inventories?  Are there any other options than journeying to thrift shops and stores that sell but don't inventory second-hand CDs and vinyl recordings?

21 hours ago, Hoppy T. Frog said:

Huh,a Google search shows he was a Washington DC-area band leader, and founded a precision ball bearing business, died in 2011. A link to his obituary in the Washington Post won't work for me, and won't let me embed it here.

I can’t seem to find a link to any sort of WashPo obit for him — but my wife and I are WashPo subscribers.  Also, searching on “roland cumberland“ on the WashPo app doesn’t seem to bring anything up.

But if you or anyone can provide a link, I’m glad to get behind their paywall and share what I find.

3 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

I can’t seem to find a link to any sort of WashPo obit for him — but my wife and I are WashPo subscribers.  Also, searching on “roland cumberland“ on the WashPo app doesn’t seem to bring anything up.

But if you or anyone can provide a link, I’m glad to get behind their paywall and share what I find.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/2011/08/23/gIQA6Z6XeJ_story.html  I believe.

But I'm also a WAPO subscriber, and can't open it. 

2 hours ago, felser said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/2011/08/23/gIQA6Z6XeJ_story.html  I believe.

But I'm also a WAPO subscriber, and can't open it. 

Yeah, opening that link triggers my WashPo app to open — but no story appears for me. I’ll try on our laptop at some point (maybe tomorrow), but I sorta doubt it’ll work any better.

27 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Yeah, opening that link triggers my WashPo app to open — but no story appears for me. I’ll try on our laptop at some point (maybe tomorrow), but I sorta doubt it’ll work any better.

I was doing it from a laptop.