FIXED: XLD Software Update is Not Working on MacBook

• Teasing the Korean changed the title to FIXED: XLD Software Update is Not Working on MacBook
37 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Why not just use the Music (aka iTunes) software that came with your Mac?  That's what I use to rip my CDs.

I was able to fix the issue by using an earlier version of XLD.

Unfortunately, iTunes does not rip CDs accurately.  XLD provides a readout at the end of the rip and tells you if there were any errors, and by extension, if the disc is damaged.

19 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

If it's not too much trouble, what updated version of XLD did you try to install? What Mac OS are you using? Thanks in advance.

Sonoma 14.1.1 is the Mac OS.

I don't know the name or number of the latest XLD, but I was asked if I wanted to upgrade, so I said yes.

I then reviewed links to some of the older versions of XLD, and ended up installing Version 20211018 (154.0).  It is working fine now.  I don't know if this is the version I had been using before I was prompted to upgrade, or if it is earlier.  Either way, it is working fine.  

48 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

If it's not too much trouble, what updated version of XLD did you try to install? What Mac OS are you using? Thanks in advance.

So, for fun, I checked for updates, and I threw caution to the wind and installed the latest version again,  20240310 (157.0).  It installed fine and is working perfectly.  So I have no idea what was going on previously.  I'll chalk it up to weirdness.