FUNKY 45'S

randissimo

I have Funky 16 Corners--good stuff.

I've got a pretty decent collection of compilations of funk 45s--King, Soul Patrol, Electrostatic, Soul Fire, Strictly Breaks, Ubiquity, Desco, Stax, Brainfreeze...I love those simple funky grooves with hard hitting bass lines and fatback drums.

If anyone wants to trade cdrs, let me know. I am looking for more compilations called "Natural Funky," which have yielded some of the best funk I've ever heard. I currently have 6 of them. :tup

If anyone has a copy of a compilation called FILET OF SOUL, I would be willing to PAY for a cdr. My friend used to have a vinyl copy of this FILET OF SOUL, and it was unbelievably funky. Unfortunately my friend djs professionally and it was stolen at a gig (along with the contents of an entire crate).

Hey Brandon--do you have a link to a site where Dante's comp is sold? Dusty Groove doesn't seem to have it, and it was sold out on another site. I saw it referred to as "ridiculously rare."

Yup....

www.turntablelab.com

Go to the "CDs" section. They've got sound samples as well. Someone like you should probably be checking out Turntable Lab anyways. Their record reviews are brilliant. So funny.....

• 1 month later...

memphix.jpg

I know I mentioned it in another post but you guys should really check out my buddy Dante's Chains and Black Exhaust comp. Absolutely ridiculous.....

Hey Brandon Burke,

Song titles came up when I used the search function on my software. Still no artists, but a step in the right direction:

Blow To My Soul! 16 Garage Funk Hits

1. Prologue

2. Yeah Yeah

3. Cynthy-Ruth

4. Mama, Here Comes The Preacher

5. Showstopper

6. Dancing In The Light

7. Blind Man

8. Life Is A Game

9. I Believe I Found Myself

10. Potted Shrimp

11. Paper Man

12. Get High

13. The Devil Made Me Do It

14. Alladin Story

15. What's Good For The Goose

16. Who Am I?

17. Epilogue

18. Corruption Is The Thing

Nope. iTunes didn't have the artists' names. Just the song titles (and not all of them). I've seen some of the artists' names bandied about on different sites, usually within record reviews, but nothing approaching a complete list. This, of course, says volumes about the reviewers themselves. B)