Bobby Bradford - LOST IN L.A.

Dmitry

I just got this on Saturday. It appears to be quite oop, both cd and vinyl, so I guess I lucked out, because this is a wonderful date.

Played under a spiritual guidance of Ornette Coleman [spirit non-credited, but it's possessor acknowledged in a 12 minute long Ornate].

I saw Bobby Bradford & a current version of the Mo'tet in Albuquerque recently at the Outpost Performance Space.

He played well.

I picked up a recent CD called Live at the LACMA for $10.

4 extended (10-19 minute) cuts by a septet.

I've only listened once & haven't digested it yet. So far, so good.

It's on Water Boy records. Not sure of availability.

Sorry Dmitry but I didn't find it that special. I didn't find it essential and sold it. One very nice track, the rest not so good. If I recall the recording isn't that good.

I didn't get it that long ago and it might still be available through the UK distributor.

Sorry Dmitry but I didn't find it that special. I didn't find it essential and sold it. One very nice track, the rest not so good. If I recall the recording isn't that good.

I didn't get it that long ago and it might still be available through the UK distributor.

I agree - I cut it loose sometime ago myself.

The best Bradford IMO consist of the four LPs he did with John Carter on the Revelation (SEEKING and SECRETS) and Flying Dutchman (FLIGHT FOR FOUR and SELF DETERMINATION MUSIC) labels from 1969 to 1972. Wish that they would be released in their entirety (not like the abridged WEST COAST HOT cd of a few years ago) on CD since I rarely play my LPs these days. Got to see Carter and Bradford perform at the Soundscape Loft in Manhattan back in '79. A treat!