What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Ray Noble - We Danced All Night (RCA Camden). Okay, this is an odd one, but I like it. It's a 1950's collection of 1935-36 recordings by the American society dance band of the British Mr. Noble. It's basically classy pop music of the time, with one foot in jazz - there are solos by Bud Freeman, Pee Wee Erwin, Johnny Mintz, Claude Thornhill, and Glenn Miller. This album appeals to both my jazz side and that part of me that occasionally enjoys "bachelor pad" pop.

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought it at a record collectors' fair in 1998 for about £5.

Original or the 70s second pressing?

How do you tell?

I'm not sure never having seen an original, but most Dootones around are second pressings. They suddenly became available around the 70s/ early 80s. They look pretty authentic.

Edited by JohnS

How do you tell?

I'm not sure never having seen an original, but most Dootones around are second pressings. They suddenly became available around the 70s/ early 80s. They look pretty authentic.

I've actually got that Carl Perkins in a first and second pressing. The original has 'Dooto' on the label and is deep groove. The 2nd pressing (early 70s) has 'Dootone' I think and a slightly different colouration on label, no deep groove. :unsure:

My Curtis Counce 'Exploring The Future' is also a second pressing. B&W cover, whereas the original was a colour cover I believe,

Edited by sidewinder

How do you tell?

I've actually got that Carl Perkins in a first and second pressing. The original has 'Dooto' on the label and is deep groove. The 2nd pressing (early 70s) has 'Dootone' I think and a slightly different colouration on label, no deep groove. :unsure:

My Curtis Counce 'Exploring The Future' is also a second pressing. B&W cover, whereas the original was a colour cover I believe,

Thanks Bob. As a matter of interest my 'Exploring the Future' has a purple cover and dark red Dootone label (same as the Perkins). The Dexter has on orange label.

How do you tell?

Mine has Dooto on the label.