33rd Annual Jazz Record Bash-South Plainfield, NJ

Dmitry

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

I went there once too about 20 years ago. Bought a Mosaic at discount from Scott at his stand (the O’Day).

I recall the drive to the location being a bit on the unnerving side.

Go back to the first page of this thread and read what a 18-year younger you had written. Sometimes I read myself and laugh...sometimes I cry.

7 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Go back to the first page of this thread and read what a 18-year younger you had written. Sometimes I read myself and laugh...sometimes I cry.

Ha - that’s funny. I’d forgotten that I’d commented in this one. Good to be reminded of details now forgotten.

I attended this year's bash. I've been going to this event since 1978. There was a three year hiatus because of the pandemic, but now it's back. It was nice to see a lot of the old faces, and there were quite a few new ones. Hopefully the new coordinator, Dave Weiner (a long time attendee), was able to end up in the black for the weekend. 

I was there on Friday and the number of sellers seems to have shrunk.  The selection of records seemed more swing oriented and there were quite a few 78 sellers. One thing I noticed was that unlike past years there were no exclusive cd sellers, except Mosaic and what they had were principally their sets (or partials) with a few odds and ends mixed in. 

Edited by Brad