I swap my CD Mosaic box sets with Lp Mosaics sets

I decided to swap my CD Mosaic sets with the same Lp sets.

Because I am not a dealer, I would like to avoid the hell of Ebay craziness, paypal fees, etc., so I try here.

Some information:

All my sets are Mint/Near Mint, a part minor damages on some boxes, I am expecting the same condition for Lp.

I live in Italy so consider the cost of shipping, at least 15 bucks from USA.

I will swop them at the same price, that means you have to spend the shipping cost as I.

Here there is the list of sets:

#124 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Freddie Redd

#130 The Complete Recordings of T-Bone Walker 1940-1954

#141 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Art Blakey's 1960 Jazz Messengers

#150 The Complete Blue Note 1964-66 Jackie McLean Sessions

#151 The Complete Solid State Recordings of the Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra

#161 - The Complete Blue Note Andrew Hill Sessions (1963-66)

#162 The Complete Blue Note Lee Morgan Fifties Sessions

#166 The Complete Blue Note/UA Curtis Fuller Sessions

#167 The Complete Blue Note Sam Rivers Sessions

#169 The Complete Columbia J.J. Johnson Small Group Sessions

#172 The Complete Blue Note/UA/Roulette Recordings of Thad Jones

#174 The Complete Atlantic Recordings of Lennie Tristano, Lee Konitz & Warne Marsh

#175 The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings of the Chico Hamilton Quintet

#178 The Complete Blue Note Blue Mitchell Sessions (1963-67)

Any suggestions are welcome!!

Edited by porcy62

I can't resist...I wish you all the luck in the world. :D Why would someone send you the LP set that is worth 2 times the CD set?

Suggestion: Do some research and offer the difference in cash. That Morgan LP set goes for $300-400, for example.

Edited by wolff

Not all LP sets are worth more than their CD counterpart. For example, I've seen LP versions of both the Shorty Rogers and the Ike Quebec/John Hardee sets go for far less than the CD version. I almost bought an LP version of the Quebec/Hardee set for $40 once just for the booklet. I've never seen the CD version for less than $300.

Later,

Kevin

Not all LP sets are worth more than their CD counterpart. For example, I've seen LP versions of both the Shorty Rogers and the Ike Quebec/John Hardee sets go for far less than the CD version. I almost bought an LP version of the Quebec/Hardee set for $40 once just for the booklet. I've never seen the CD version for less than $300.

Later,

Kevin

That's what I thought. I didn't do any research about the different value between cd and Lp because The Ebay prices are, let's say "bizarre", but as Wolf as pointed out, I could add a difference and the shipping cost.

If anyone is interested make an offer

I wish you luck also, but have to agree with Wolff on this one. Does anyone know how many lp sets were issued of later Mosaics like Blue Mitchell or Mobley? I have the Mitchell on lp and have rarely seen another for sale (there is one currently on Ebay-it will be interesting to see what it goes for). There can't be nearly as many of these lp sets out there as cds, I got the Horace Parlan on lp a couple of years ago when it was last chance yet cd is still in print. With some of the earlier sets, like Shorty Rogers, it would seem fewer cds were issued.

I wish you luck also, but have to agree with Wolff on this one. Does anyone know how many lp sets were issued of later Mosaics like Blue Mitchell or Mobley? I have the Mitchell on lp and have rarely seen another for sale (there is one currently on Ebay-it will be interesting to see what it goes for). There can't be nearly as many of these lp sets out there as cds, I got the Horace Parlan on lp a couple of years ago when it was last chance yet cd is still in print. With some of the earlier sets, like Shorty Rogers, it would seem fewer cds were issued.

Your post makes sense, the records collecting market would follow the market rules, the rarest the most expensive, but since I follow Ebay and used records store, I started to have doubts about it.

It would be very interesting to know how many copies of Mosaic sets, cd and Lp, are turning around the world.

As Kevin says, it depends on the set. He mentions the Shorty Rogers set. That LP recently sold for $182. The CD set is still currently selling for $183. BTW, why not try Ebay for sales. You can factor in the paypal fees and ebay costs into your sales. On the purchase side, jazz record center in New York often has many lp sets.

Edited by Brad

I followed your suggestions.

Check eBay auctions, popsike and used record store on the web.

I discover the following things:

1 the average price for a cd set is between 30and 50 dollars per cd

2 the average price for an Lp set is between 50 and 100 dollars per Lp

for a 5/8 Lp/cd set, higher price for smaller set, lower prices for bigger.

Prices also depends on grading and rarities: if the music is out of print and available only on Mosaic, like Giuffre or Lewis/Jones.

Wolf, it will be a long and expensive way to get all those Lps!!! :excited: