----"IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT..."

Guest ariceffron

just in case you didn't believe me, in a 1968 episode entitled monkees blow their minds, zappa appears as "mike" and mike nesmith as "frank." this scenario recalled a similar role reversal in the monkees 1967 movie head.

from head

zappanez.jpg

Didn't Zappa have Ringo Starr as Zappa in 200 Motels?

yes

Not to mention the possibilities of "Greg Gets Into Electric Miles"...

Mr. and Mrs. Brady become concerned after Greg begins to spend all of his free time in his "pad," neglecting his homework and listening to Miles Davis' ON THE CORNER at fullblast. Matters are resolved when Miles, an old friend of Mr. Brady's boss, pays Greg a visit and tells him that he's "an ofay motherf#*#er who should stop calling my s*%t 'fusion.'"

From "Back to the Future, or Greg vs. Greg":

Greg is troubled after a visitor from the future named Greg M. accosts him and derides his hi-fi system at great length, all the time preaching the joys of a new audio format called SACD. Tranquility is restored when Mr. Brady's old friend Buddy Rich shows up and hurls Greg M. into a drumkit.

what did lowell george do on F troop.  was the rest of little feat there

aric,

Lowell George's appearance on F Troop in the mid-sixties predated Little Feat. In the episode I mentioned, Sgt. Agarn was the manager of a rock group called The Bedbugs, which was really an L.A. band called The Factory that featured Lowell George and Ritchie Hayward, both of whom would later go on to form Little Feat. Btw, I learned that The Factory also appeared on an episode of Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.

and how do they make music on electric instruments that aren't plugged into an amplifier? only les paul decked out in a buckskin outfit could answer that one to my satisfaction! :lol:

btw, while we're on the subject of premodern rock ensembles, don't forget the beau brummels rocking out with the cavemen. of course, on the flintstones, they were called the beau brummelrocks! just like ann margarock's (ann margaret) appearance. she was drawn very well, but i still couldn't stand her singing! :blink:

Edited by jazzshrink